Thursday, October 15, 2009

We be serving the coolest Ice Cream


Its been twice now I have returned from Rustenburg, and about the same time on Saturday evening the same track plays. MGMT – Electric Feel… cute love song, but its Justice’s remix that really gives it that edge. This one has been in my folder for at least 10 months now, notice I say at least. Today a friend put the lyrics on her Facebook profile, and did not even know there was one. The point I am trying to make here is that the radio stations we are subjected too, are behind with all the non-mainstream stuff, the good stuff (Well to us at Wasted Youth). To top it all off if you going to hear a remix, its going to be on Roger Goode’s Botox Surgery where everything is huge and just plain terrible. So 5fm this ones for you if you have the balls.

MGMT – Electric feel (Justice Remix) - Click To Download


Here is another one I have been saving for the right skop jol, its been one of those I have kept close to me in a very special folder. Empire of the Sun has also gotten big here in South Africa, and “We are the people” has been remixed like a whore on the corner of Voortrekker & Bedford Ave Benoni, for a while now. This gem I found early though, also mid last year. After hearing it on Saturday, on the Botox Surgery, it struck me its time everyone should have it… Oh, basically it’s the best remix you will ever hear of this track…

Empire of the Sun – We are the people (Jimmy2sox remix) - Click To Download

Ok, so two awesome tracks thus far. Now for something completely different, and Dubstep is very different but an artist called Vaski is the one who has taken it to something different. His dark twist on the genre grabbed me instantly, the same gangster feel, but I cant describe the darkness to you, you just wouldn’t understand…

Vaski – You wouldn’t understand - Click To Download


The month has started off well, two favourites of ours have had new releases, Chromeo and Air. Air’s album Love 2 is not the best in their collection but definitely in the top 5, and makes up for their last one. Its classic Air with the airy dream funk only they can produce, I wonder when their Ying Yang opposites Daft Punk will release a new one? Chromeo hit it big with their new one “Night by Night”, being backed by Mountain Dew as a new campaign theme track… Its been worth the wait, and they have not lost their Jew and Palestinian Funk Effect!!!

Air – Be a Bee - Click To Download


Chromeo – Night by Night - Click To Download

1 comment:

  1. In that friend's defense, she was listening to MGMT in about November 2007 (I remember because a friend of mine who works for Gallo was the first person to introduce them to me at a braai at my house). Including Electric Feel. ;). But, admittedly, I was oblivious to the Justice remix.

    Thanks for the awesome tunes! Keep up the good blog x

    ReplyDelete